Chris is experienced in the management and administration of contracts, including site supervision of contractors and co-ordination of works in complex, multi-disciplinary tasks. Project management skills include the planning and programming of outage activities including negotiations with stakeholders, estimation of quantities and preparation of engineering and cost studies. Over 25 years' experience in providing technical and engineering support for plant performance and emissions measurements, process optimisation issues and plant trials in the power and large process industries including writing of detailed test methods, procedures and reports. Test equipment calibration expertise. NATA approved signatory for stack sampling activities. Team leader for the HRL 10MW gasification plant during construction, commissioning and operations. Responsibilities included preparation of commissioning plans, schedules, resources, co-ordination of operational activities. Shift leader during operations of the plant.
Areas of Expertise
- Over 30 years of industrial experience, primarily in the power plant and equipment.
- Expert in instrumentation with considerable experience with pressure, flow, and temperature transducers and associated measurement instrumentation.
- Management of D & C projects.
- Preparation of project documentation.
Relevant Project Experience
- Construction Manager for the Implementation of a dry ash handling Plant at Muja Power Station.
- Project managed a water recovery Project at Loy Yang Power Station.
- Commissioning specialist at Gippsland Water treatment plants designed MMI graphics using the Citect SCADA package.
- Project Management of Bayswater Power Station Attemperating Spray project, and closely involved with detail design and construction activities.
- Citect graphic development for Gippsland Water treatment plant instrumentation and control upgrade at Morwell, Mirboo North and Boolarra.
- Operation of gas sampling/analysis equipment for stack emissions, boiler monitoring/efficiency and process optimization.
- Designing, building and developing various mechanical, gas sampling and test apparatus.
- Power station investigations relating to combustion, milling and fouling using various techniques, including isokinetic probes, pitots, thermocouples, data loggers and sample collection.
- Installing and calibrating instruments for monitoring of process conditions.
- Building laboratory physical models for investigation into fouling, burner design, material selection and process investigation.
- Designing and implementing upgrades of various plants.
- Certificate of Technology (Mech)
- Certificate IV Project Management