Over 27 years of experience analyzing and identifying foreign objects for the food and beverage industries. Development of the test methods that are now used to characterise foreign objects. Greg worked as a Glass Technologist in the glass industry for over 32 years with additional time in the plastics industry.
Areas of Expertise
- Glass fragment identification
- Plastic fragment identification
- Identification of other foreign objects including metals, ceramics, stones etc.
- Elemental analysis of unknowns using scanning electron microscopy (SEM/EDX)
- Molecular analysis of unknowns using infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy
- Over 32 Years' experience in the Glass industry.
- Over 27 years of experience with scanning electron microscopy.
- Over 16 years' experience with infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy.
- 2.5 years' experience in the plastics industry.
Relevant Project Experience
- Development of quality test and setting of initial standards for the quality of cullet (broken or waste glass) for glass recyclers in Australia. Subsequent quality auditing of glass recycling plants around Australia.
- Member of project team developing a novel building material.
- Supervision of weathering test program for a novel building material.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical)
- Bachelor of Science (Chemistry & Mathematics)