- Over 10 years' experience in engineering and project management in the power, mining and construction industries. Set up and auditing of quality systems. Cost/benefit analysis, through prefeasibility to project management and implementation (including tender documentation and evaluation).
- Experience in the design and development of testing methods and procedures to Australian and International Standards, including, writing of detailed test methods, procedures and reports.
- Experience in field measurements of strain, load, temperature and pressure.
Areas of Expertise
- Project and contract management. Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
- Management of subcontractors.
- Auditing of Quality Management.
- Systems and supplier/contractor's capabilities.
- Procurement of equipment and services.
- Preparation and delivery of training material.
- Design, development and evaluation of testing methods and procedures.
- Integrity assessment and comparative assessment of various products.
Relevant Project Experience
- Project Manager and Commissioning Engineer for the design, manufacturing, installation and commissioning of a Total Fluoride Monitoring System as per USEPA methods at Dubai Aluminium, UAE.
- Preparation of O&M manuals and training material (including training delivery) for the operation and maintenance of the Total Fluoride Monitoring System installed at Dubai Aluminium, UAE.
- Project Manager and Commissioning Engineer for the design, installation and commissioning of a Temporary Restraint System for the replacement of U5 Main Steam Chest at a Kwinana Power Station, Western Australia.
- Owner's Quality Engineer for U6 Main Steam Drain Upgrade at Muja Power Station, Western Australia.
- Owner's Project & Quality Engineer for the refurbishment of the A1 gas turbine for Jeeralang Power Station, Victoria.
Quality Manager for the Muja Power Station Unit 7 & 8 Dry Bottom Ash Project, including preparation of Quality Plan; Design, Manufacturing and Installation Inspection and Test Plans; and auditing of subcontractor's Quality Management Systems.
Surveillance activities during equipment manufacturing; and expediting of sub-contractors in
China over a 3 months period.
- Preparation of O&M manuals and training material (including training delivery) for the operation and maintenance of the Dry Bottom Ash Handling System installed at Muja Power Station, Western Australia.
- Project Engineer for surveys of hanger support systems for high energy piping systems in Newport and Muja Power Stations, Victoria and Western Australia.
- Preparation and implementation of HRL Technology Engineered Implementations BU Operating Manual in accordance with ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems.
- Preparation and implementation of HRL Technology Mechanical Testing Manual in accordance with AS ISO/IEC 17025 General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories.
- Standardisation of new services for Product Testing in Engineering & Materials Business Unit.
- Product testing engineer for the evaluation, testing and compliance certification of assemblies and single components to a range of National & International Standards.
- B.Eng (Industrial)
- M.Eng (CP)
- Cert IV Project Management