Rotary Heater Optimisation
- hrl: provide combustion, air heater performance and boiler thermal efficiency measurement expertise.
- hrl: have a proven track record and ability to bring industry best practice for clients in this area. With extensive in-house library relating leakage profiles to seal degradation.
- With a unique sampling system (MCDA) that reduces sampling time and effort required.
- Ability to spatially locate leakage and provide most probable cause of leakage.
- A collaborative, customised partnership approach with a focus on your specific objectives.
- Independent of Rotary Air Heater seal manufactures hrl: recommend the best for your application based on our experience.
- hrl: provide high level reporting with detail, timeliness, direction, and insight.
Rotary Air Heaters Leakage and Low Performance
- Rotary Air Heater performance significantly impacts boiler thermal efficiency and places additional load on draft plant and emission reduction systems.
- Rotary Air Heater maintenance is often critical path during outages.
- Leakage results in increased coal consumption and draft plant parasitic loads.
- Numerous sealing systems are available however the results vary greatly.
- Traditional leakage measurement techniques are labour and time intensive, unreliable, and significantly impacted by boiler fluctuations.
hrl: Comprehensive Program
hrl: in conjunction with their client will establish objectives and KPI's
1. Initial inspection of the Rotary Air Heaters
2. Initial Testing. Providing a baseline for each unit/Rotary Air Heater
3. Assessment of maintenance work and seal arrangements, including run hours etc.
4. Develop best practice and implementation.
5. Ongoing monitoring of Rotary Air Heater performance to identify issues before they become a problem.
6. Ongoing six monthly leakage measurements to quantify performance.
7. Ongoing Rotary Air Heater best practice advise.