Analytical Chemist & Technical Expert Biomass and Waste-to-Energy
Jarryd has 10 years of laboratory experience as both a chemical analyst and technical expert, including 2 years of laboratory management experience. For the past 4 years Jarryd has worked as the leading analyst and as a technical expert in biomass and Waste-to-Energy (WtE) for HRL.
With a wide range of skills in relevant laboratory equipment use as well as analysis of a wide variety of biomass and WtE materials, Jarryd has the knowledge and expertise to be able to discuss projects in depth with clients to facilitate ideal project outcomes whilst meeting client needs.
Areas of Expertise
Combustion characterisation of Biomass derived fuels:
- Wood pellets
- Wood briquettes
- Bio-pellet blends
- Organic materials
- Combustion characterisation of Refuse Derived Fuel (RDF) and Process Engineered Fuels (PEF)
Combustion characterisation of raw material streams for potential use as a fuel source:
- Municipal Solid Waste (MSW)
- Automotive Shredder Residue (ASR)
- Consultation for clients regarding appropriate fuel sources for Waste-to-Energy (WtE) Thermal treatment methods
- Auditing, classification and sampling of material streams for WtE thermal treatment
- Laboratory testing of biomass, RDF, PEF, MSW, ASR to international standard methodologies (EN ISO, IS, ASTM, CEN/TS)
- Analysis of combustion waste residues against state-specific EPA Guidelines for categorisation and disposal of industrial wastes
- Consultation for EPA works-approval requirements for WtE systems implementation
- NATA Accredited laboratory for Biomass analysis.