Graduate Process Engineer
Graduate process engineer with a broad knowledge base in process engineering, material engineering, renewable energy, decarbonisation and waste treatment. Skilled in combustion tuning, replication, material sample analysis, risk management, onsite data collection, statistical data analysis, continuous improvement, and root cause analysis. Particular focus on renewable energy, climate change and assisting industries in the transition to sustainable business practices.
Areas of Expertise
- Combustion tuning and airflow optimization of coal fired furnaces.
- Calibration of test equipment.
- Measurement of process streams.
- Material analysis procedures including replication, micrography, SEM analysis, hardness testing etc.
- Renewable energy technologies including solar, wind and hydrogen.
Relevant Project Experience
PROJECT | Combustion Tuning of two 660 Mwe boilers.
- Balanced excess air across burners to allow combustion optimisation.
- Measured and analysed pulverized coal flow distribution, flue exit gas temperatures and composition.
PROJECT | Coal particle size distribution measurements and analysis on a two unit 850 MWe supercritical boiler.
- Measured and analysed pulverized coal particle size and velocity using the EUcoalsizer.
PROJECT | Material integrity analysis of the main steam line and superheater for coal fired boiler.
- Completed hardness testing and outer diameter measurements on pipelines of interest.
- Generated numerous metallurgical replications for non-destructive evaluation of plant microstructure condition.
- Bachelor of Chemical and Environmental Engineering (Honours)/Bachelor of Geographical Science. University of Queensland, 2021.