Determining the exact composition of material can be critical for many industries and to operation of large plant.
Also important is knowing the composition of, and identifying the presence and level of any contaminants. This may include a spectrum of substances from water, effluent, water treatment chemicals, deposits, materials, minerals, food, organic compounds, waste products, glass and raw materials and polymers. Expert chemical analysis may be required to identify the exact composition and ensure that critical issues are controlled.
Testing services provided by hrl: include expert analysis of solids, liquids and gases by:
- inorganic elemental analysis that can include using inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry, atomic absorption spectrometry and other methods
- trace element analysis
- analysis for moisture, ash, volatile matter, calorific value, elemental and inorganic composition
- liquid analysis including for pH levels, conductivity, dissolved and suspended
- solids, cations and anions, and organic contaminants
- characterisation of carbons
- using a scanning electron microscope and light element detection
- gas chromatographymass spectrometry analysis
- infrared and ultravioletvis spectroscopy mineral identification through Xray diffraction
- high performance liquid chromatography.
hrl: provides expert chemical analysis services from its state of the art laboratories for a range of industries including:
- food processing manufacturing
- resources and mining industries
- electricity generation
- water treatment including QA treatment of chemicals
- waste management and recycling mineral processing (aluminium and cement industries).
- glass manufacturing
How we can help
hrl: expertise and experience in undertaking chemical analysis can benefit your organisation by:
- providing an independent expert service
- a reliable service with each project allocated a dedicated project manager
- ability to apply multiple analytical techniques to understand and tailor a solution
- a sound scientific base for management decisions
- helping to maintain product quality and safety method development for specialist applications.