As an Asset Manager or Boiler Engineer in a plant with high pressure piping, you know there's a lot at stake. Major failures in high pressure piping systems can result in personnel injuries and fatalities, damaged equipment, costly loss of production, and massive liability fines.
With high pressure piping in many major plants approaching end of life, you may be experiencing problems like:
Prevention is always better (and cheaper) than cure, so don't ignore your high pressure piping system until it's too late. At HRL, we provide a comprehensive high pressure piping inspection and maintenance program, ensuring the integrity of your piping system to prevent future failures and protect your plant.
With a proven track record serving businesses like Synergy, AGL, and NRG, we deliver unmatched high pressure piping expertise, cutting-edge modelling software, and high-level analysis and reporting.
Leveraging our vast technical expertise and experience in Australia and internationally, we've developed a comprehensive asset integrity management program for high pressure piping systems. Our process encompasses the following stages:
1. Initial Inspection: Our experienced team of engineers and metallurgists inspect your piping system, either during both a planned outage (cold survey) and during operation (hot survey)
2. Initial Analysis: Using the data gathered, we conduct in-depth analysis to calculate the condition of your piping focusing on problem areas due to thermal expansion and temperature creep
3. Flexibility Analysis: If necessary, we then perform flexibility analyses using a computer program to simulate our findings and identify the stressors that are causing issues
4. Repair or Replacement: With the stressors clearly identified, we then calculate how long the piping can survive in its current state. Depending on the findings, we may then implement:
5. Ongoing Risk-Based Maintenance Program: With the work above completed and your high pressure piping system fit for use for the next four years, we then put in place an ongoing inspection program to maintain its integrity
6. Overall Program Report: All work completed is documented in a thorough technical report detailing the work undertaken and the maintenance program moving forward.
After every stage, we deliver a comprehensive technical report detailing the work done, the findings gathered, and our recommendations regarding next steps. You can engage us to implement the entire program end to end, or certain stages as required.
For more information on our high pressure piping inspection program see the below links:
With HRL's high pressure piping inspection and integrity management program, you'll ensure:
Twenty years' experience in engineering consultancy of mining, transport, petrochemical and power plant. NATA certified for pressure vessel design verification. Fitness for purpose analysis including product integrity assessments. Australian Standards compliance testing. Read more