Mechanical Engineer and Business Unit Leader
Over 34 years' experience in the development of inspection and NDT programs for major plant and equipment, development of inspection procedures and assessment criteria. Pressure vessel inspection and data management systems. Development and auditing of pressure equipment management systems (A.S. 3873). Plant inspections and risk assessments for compliance with the Plant Regulations.
Areas of expertise
- Inspection and assessment of pressure equipment.
- Life assessment of pressure equipment.
- Inspection and testing of welding.
- Quality assurance in NDT and pressure vessel fabrication.
- Supplier/contractor audits and assessments.
- Risk Assessments and HAZOP facilitation.
- Auditing of management systems.
- Training in auditing, inspection, OH&S and risk management.
Relevant Project Experience:
- Conducted in-service inspections of a 5 boilers of 260 ton / hr capacity at Alcan Gove.
- Reviewed the risk assessments of the RBI process applied by GDF Suez for Hazelwood PS.
- Conducted in-service inspections of several small industrial boilers in Victoria and Tasmania for JBS.
- Facilitated risk assessments relating the operation of the hrl: gas appliance testing laboratory.
- Performed the life assessment of several power generation boilers and associated ancillary equipment.
- Inspected station pressure vessels for statutory compliance at the Loy Yang A power station for AGL Loy Yang A.
- Fabrication inspection during manufacture of "in-bed" tube assemblies for a fluidized bed boiler at Redbank Power Station.
- Presented training courses on Hydrostatic testing of pressure equipment for inspectors employed at Esso Longford and Long Island Point.
- Developed and presented a two day seminar on materials, failure modes and inspection methods for WorkSafe inspectors.
- Audited boiler operations against requirements of Australian Standards at Alcan Gove and Santos.
- Independent expert for a federal government department in a recent inquiry.
- Developed and delivered training packages (one distance learning and one class room based) to prepare in-service inspectors for AICIP examinations.
- B. App. Sci (Metallurgy) - RMIT
- Grad. Dip. Welding Technology RMIT
- Grad. Dip. Quality Management RMIT
- Senior Inspector of Pressure Equipment AICIP
- Technologist Ultrasonic Testing AINDT
Professional Associations and Memberships
- NATA signatory for pressure vessel inspection.
- NATA (voluntary) technical assessor for NDT and Inspection.
- MERSITAB registered workplace assessor of competency based training.