Senior Materials Engineer
Fifteen years' experience in a wide range of mechanical testing for strength, fracture toughness, fatigue and creep properties. Testing of components for standards compliance and product development. Investigation of component and product failures.
Areas of Expertise
- Materials assessment and testing.
- The analysis of metal failures by mechanisms including corrosion, fatigue, creep, embrittlement, environmental failures and ductile and brittle overload.
- Laboratory management including development and supervision of testing programs.
- Assessment of products to Statutory requirements, ie, construction equipment (scaffold/props), insulators, bicycles, etc
- On-site testing and condition assessment of structural anchorages, lifting equipment and machinery.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Metallurgical Engineering), Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member, The Institution of Engineers, Australia.
- Member, Materials Australasia