Chris has considerable experience in the management and administration of contracts, including site supervision of contractors and co-ordination of works in complex, multi-disciplinary tasks. Project management skills include the planning and programming of maintenance activities and negotiations with stakeholders, estimation of quantities and preparation of engineering and cost studies.
Over 30 years' experience in providing technical and engineering support for plant performance and emissions testing, process optimisation issues and plant trials in the power and large process industries including writing of detailed test methods, procedures and reports. Test equipment calibration expertise. Signatory for stack sampling activities.
Site Operations Superintendent for Latrobe Valley Hydrogen Energy Supply Chain project (LVHESC). This role included all operations and maintenance activities of the plant and management of the site. Liaison and coordination of all activities for an international client, government, emergency services, key project participants, local community and contractors.
Team leader for the HRL 10MW gasification plant during construction, commissioning and operations. Responsibilities included preparation of commissioning plans, schedules, resources, co-ordination of operational activities. Shift leader during operations of the plant.
Areas of Expertise
- More than30 years of industrial experience, primarily in power plant and equipment.
- Operations and maintenance of plant, including pilot plant.
- Management of D & C projects.
- Commissioning of plant including development of procedures and methods.
- Expertise in instrumentation with considerable experience with pressure, flow, and temperature transducers and associated measurement instrumentation.
- Preparation of project documentation including QA and QC documents and surveillance activities.
- Development of project related procedures for management, safety, construction, operations, maintenance and administration.
Relevant Project Experience
- Site Superintendent for Hydrogen Pilot Plant (LVHESC) project.
- Construction Manager and Project Manager for the implementation of multiple dry ash handling plants at Muja Power Station.
- Water recovery Project at Loy Yang B Power Station.
- Commissioning specialist at Gippsland Water treatment plants designed MMI graphics using the Citect SCADA package.
- Project Management of Bayswater Power Station Attemperating Spray project, and closely involved with detail design and construction activities.
- Citect graphic development for Gippsland Water treatment plant instrumentation and control upgrade at Morwell, Mirboo North and Boolarra.
- Operation of gas sampling/analysis equipment for stack emissions, boiler monitoring/efficiency and process optimization.
- Designing, building and developing various mechanical, gas sampling and test apparatus.
- Power station investigations relating to combustion, milling and fouling using various techniques, including isokinetic probes, pitots, thermocouples, data loggers and sample collection.
- Installing and calibrating instruments for monitoring of process conditions.
- Building laboratory physical models for investigation into fouling, burner design, material selection and process investigation.
- Designing and implementing upgrades of various plants.
- Certificate of Technology (Mech)
- Certificate IV Project Management