Over the years, there's not much we haven't seen if it's exploded, fallen down, fallen apart, or just worn out, we've fixed it! We believe that the future belongs to those who not only respond to change but lead the way.
- Are you passionate about transforming business performance?
- Are you someone that seeks quality outcomes?
- Do you align to our values? Expertise, Care, Agility, Value Creation
If you answered yes to these questions then you are someone we would like to talk with.
A career with hrl: offers opportunities to:
- work with some of Australia's brightest minds
- be part of a team working on exciting challenges
- enjoy excellent employment conditions
- build an exciting professional career
- work on local, national and international projects skills and expertise sought
hrl: seeks skilled and motivated personnel to join its rapidly growing team of expert engineers, scientists and technicians. Personnel work closely with clients in the power generation, coal, mining and mineral processing, energy, engineering, cement, pulp and paper, and other manufacturing industries.
hrl: offers premium consulting and testing services to assist its clients to use energy efficiently, while satisfying the commercial, environmental and sustainability requirements of those clients.
Current Open Positions
CFD Process Engineer
Opportunity to Develop Professionally
Leading Engineering & Laboratory Business
Based in Mulgrave, Victoria
Full Time, Part Time or Contract Role
Proudly Australian owned and operated the HRL Technology Group is recognised as market leaders in technical consulting, analysis, testing and integrated engineering and laboratory services. We create customer solutions focused on developing new processes, technology and optimising performance in the energy, resources, engineering and manufacturing industries, nationally and in the Asia Pacific region.
The successful applicant will work with the Process and Environmental Services (PES) Team in Mulgrave, Victoria to conduct Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) modelling of process plant mainly in the power and minerals industries, with a particular focus on combustion optimisation. This includes modelling of flows in mills, combustion of large power station boilers and modelling of rotary kilns and afterburners. The results will be used to design or modify existing plant.
The position we are looking to create may be full time, part time or project based contracts depending upon the applicant's wider skillset to undertake a higher proportion of an overall project. This includes using other modelling packages (e.g. Thermoflex), the ability to conduct process feasibility studies, detailed process design and the ability to quickly understand a customer's plant and to provide advice on performance optimisation and/or process design.
- An Engineering degree acceptable to the Institute of Engineers Australia;
- Demonstrated experience with computational fluid dynamics (CFD) is essential, including computer aided geometry creation, mesh generation and model development of highly complex systems (including rotating grid for combustion systems);
- Wider process design experience will be highly regarded;
- Experience with process modelling will be highly regarded including using modelling programs (such as Aspen, Thermoflex and Matlab) as well as plume dispersion modelling (eg Calpuff and Aermod);
- Must have strong analytical skills, with a methodical approach and attention to detail;
- Heavy industry experience will be highly regarded (including power generation, mining or chemical industries), including strong industry networks;
- Experience working in a consulting environment and demonstrated ability to interact with customers;
- Ability and willingness to travel (nationally and overseas), usually for short periods of up to a few weeks;
- Australian resident or citizen;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- A sound knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of packages;
- A current driver's licence.
Applications for our role can be made by forwarding a covering letter addressing the above criteria and a detailed resume through Seek. Applications must include a cover letter to be considered. Applications close 19th August 2018.
Leading Engineering & Laboratory Business
Based in Bundoora
HRL Technology Group (HRLTG) is a recognised provider of specialist analytical and engineering services to the energy, mining and minerals processing industries.
HRLTG has an opportunity for a Chemist with Instrumental experience specifically ICPOES, to join the Analytical Services team under a short term arrangement. The primary function of this team is to assist with the preparation and analysis of samples generated by a pilot plant which will be operating 7 days a week.
The main duties of this position include:
Preparation of samples for analysis such as fusion and acid digestion
Analysis of solutions by ICPOES, ICPMS, IC and titration
Conduct Quality Control assessment of data and assist with reporting of results
Experience with LIMS systems would be an advantage and an ability to work without supervision to complete tasks in a very quick time period.
We are seeking a committed team member who possesses excellent communication skills and is computer literate. As a priority, applicants must be enthusiastic and have a commitment to safe work practices.
The position will require the successful candidate to work Weekends, Public Holidays and extended working hours on a rotating shift basis.
- Chemist with instrumental experience
- Knowledge of laboratory practices
- A commitment to safe work practices
- High levels of attention to detail when preparing results
- Able to work without supervision to complete above tasks
- Committed and enthusiastic team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Lims
- Able to work on shift basis as required.
Applications for our role are to be made via replying to this advertisement through Seek, including a cover letter addressing the above criteria and a detailed resume. Any queries can be sent to email@example.com. Applications close 15th August 2018.