Over the years, there's not much we haven't seen. If it's exploded, fallen down, fallen apart or just worn out, we've fixed it! We believe that the future belongs to those who not only respond to change but lead the way.
- Are you passionate about transforming business performance?
- Are you someone that seeks quality outcomes?
- Do you align to our values? Expertise, Care, Agility, Value Creation
If you answered "yes" to these questions then you are someone we would like to talk with.
A career with hrl: offers opportunities to:
- work with some of Australia's brightest minds
- be part of a team working on exciting challenges
- enjoy excellent employment conditions
- build an exciting professional career
- work on local, national and international projects
HRL seeks skilled and motivated personnel to join its rapidly growing team of expert engineers, scientists and technicians. Personnel work closely with clients in the power generation, coal, mining and mineral processing, energy, engineering, cement, pulp and paper, and other manufacturing industries.
HRL offers premium consulting and testing services to assist its clients to use energy efficiently, while satisfying the commercial, environmental and sustainability requirements of those clients.
Current Open Positions
Laboratory Technician (Casual)
You will work alongside seasoned, driven professionals who are passionate, smart, creative and proud to be part of this business and who will challenge you and help foster your growth.The Opportunity
Proudly Australian owned and operated, HRL Technology Group is recognised as a market leader in specialist analytical, testing, consulting and integrated engineering and laboratory services. We create customer solutions focused on developing new processes, technology and optimising performance in the energy, resources, engineering and manufacturing industries, nationally and in the Asia Pacific region.
Due to continued success and growth, HRL has an opportunity for a hands-on Laboratory Technician to join our Analytical Services Team on a casual basis, to assist in the delivery of laboratory services in our Mulgrave facilities with full training provided.
About the role
Working as part of a team, in line with government operating and reporting standards, the Laboratory Technician will be responsible for:
- sample preparation of biomass and alternative fuels
- testing of samples
- following all documented procedures to ensure maintenance of quality accreditation
- operating laboratory equipment including calorimeters
- maintenance of the test results data base
- conducting Quality Control assessment of data and assisting with reporting of results.
- assisting with undertaking of waste audits
The Analytical team see this role as the first step towards an ongoing role, as the position will support an area of the business with significant growth potential.About you
You will be energetic in your approach, a committed and enthusiastic team player, passionate to pursue continuous learning and willing to undertake a wide range of tasks.You will have:
- Diploma or higher qualification in Chemistry or related field,
- A commitment to safe work practices
- High levels of attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills
- An ability to work without supervision and complete allocated tasks
- A sound knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of packages including Excel
- A valid driver's licence
Along with a competitive hourly rate, HRL offers challenging work, meaningful development opportunities, flexible work arrangements, genuine opportunity to extend your skills and a privileged, diverse culture built on smart, easy-going colleagues we surround ourselves with. If you join HRL, you are joining a collaborative team that values care, excellence, value creation and agility.You must have the right to work in Australia.
If you like what's on offer, please submit your application via Seek with a cover letter, explaining how you meet the requirements of this position and a detailed resume by no later than 13th November 2020.If you are recent graduate or about to graduate from higher education, we would welcome your application.
Due to high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please apply for this role on Seek.
SEEKING EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST - MATERIALS ENGINEERS / METALLURGISTS
Leading Engineering & Laboratory Business
Based in Mulgrave, VIC or Coopers Plains, QLD
Proudly Australian owned and operated, HRL Technology Group is recognised as a market leader in technical consulting, analysis, testing and integrated engineering and laboratory services. We create customer solutions focused on developing new processes, technology and optimising performance in the energy, resources, engineering and manufacturing industries, nationally and in the Asia Pacific region.
HRL's engineering team is second to none; we differentiate ourselves by not only performing advanced engineering assessments but also by field testing, to determine and verify our calculations. This makes us practical in our approach and smarter by experience.Due to continued success and growth, HRL is seeking expressions of interest from Materials Engineering / Metallurgy candidates for the following opportunities:
- Vacation students (no experience required)
- Internship (no experience required)
- Experienced Engineers
- Principal Engineers
As Materials Engineers/Metallurgists, you will work within a team that delivers a suite of services in the field or laboratory, including, but not limited to:
liaising closely with customers to understand and scope work requirements;
preparing detailed project plans, producing cost estimates and proposals;
overseeing project delivery, preparing and presenting reports to clients as required.
Your technical knowledge/expertise will be:
condition assessment of complex components and high temperature pressure equipment;
providing material selection advice;
conducting failure analysis, materials testing and inspection.
- Be studying or have completed Bachelor of Engineering (Materials / Metallurgy).
- Have knowledge of practical and theoretical engineering applications.
- Have demonstrated technical writing skills, ability to report and make recommendations.
You will have:
- A Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Engineering or Applied Science, preferably Materials Engineering.
- Experience and knowledge of engineering inspections and root cause analysis.
- Experience working in an engineering consulting capacity.
- Expertise in preparing and delivering complex engineering project plans and scopes of work and delivering on budgets.
- Recognised expertise and knowledge of practical and theoretical materials engineering challenges.
- A knowledge in the use of metallurgical laboratory equipment and field equipment.
- Technical writing skills.
- Experience in reporting and making recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Ability work independently and as part of a project team to deliver onsite services and work within specified codes and compliance standards.
- An engaging and flexible approach
- An ability to work as part of a team, sharing knowledge and information
- A sound knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of packages
- A willingness and ability to travel domestically and overseas, as required.
- A valid Australian Driver's Licence.
Along with a competitive remuneration package, HRL offers challenging work, meaningful development opportunities, variable pay to eligible employees, flexible work arrangements, genuine opportunity to extend your skills and widen your career and a privileged, diverse culture built on smart, easy-going colleagues we surround ourselves with.
If you like what you read, please submit your expression of interest to the HR Advisor, at email@example.com with a detailed resume and a cover letter explaining:
- which role is of interest to you;
- your preferred location;
- how you meet the requirements of the role.
This EOI has also been published on Seek.