Over the years, there's not much we haven't seen. If it's exploded, fallen down, fallen apart or just worn out, we've fixed it! We believe that the future belongs to those who not only respond to change but lead the way.
- Are you passionate about transforming business performance?
- Are you someone that seeks quality outcomes?
- Do you align to our values? Expertise, Care, Agility, Value Creation
If you answered "yes" to these questions then you are someone we would like to talk with.
A career with hrl: offers opportunities to:
- work with some of Australia's brightest minds
- be part of a team working on exciting challenges
- enjoy excellent employment conditions
- build an exciting professional career
- work on local, national and international projects
HRL seeks skilled and motivated personnel to join its rapidly growing team of expert engineers, scientists and technicians. Personnel work closely with clients in the power generation, coal, mining and mineral processing, energy, engineering, cement, pulp and paper, and other manufacturing industries.
HRL offers premium consulting and testing services to assist its clients to use energy efficiently, while satisfying the commercial, environmental and sustainability requirements of those clients.
Current Open Positions
Graduate Mechanical Engineer
Leading Engineering & Laboratory Business
Office, laboratory and site-based role
Chance to grow your knowledge and gain industry experience
Based in Mulgrave (Melbourne Eastern Suburbs), Victoria
Proudly Australian owned and operated, HRL Technology Group is recognised as a market leader in technical consulting, analysis, testing and integrated engineering and laboratory services. We create customer solutions focused on developing new processes, technology and optimising performance in the energy, resources, engineering and manufacturing industries, nationally and in the Asia Pacific region.
HRL's engineering team is second to none; we differentiate ourselves by not only performing advanced engineering assessments but also by field testing, to determine and verify our calculations. This makes us practical in our approach and smarter by experience.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Mechanical Engineer to grow and expand in terms of technical capability and responsibility within projects as your experience and acquisition of knowledge of the services we offer, increases. Our experienced team will provide mentoring, guidance and training as required on a job-by-job basis, from our diverse wealth of knowledgeable technologists and engineers.
The role requires a supportive team member with excellent communication, good customer relationship skills, initiative and a 'can do' mentality. Being professional and diligent with a strong focus on detail is required in engineering to ensure highest levels of customer service and high-quality output. Your written and spoken English will be exemplary.
You will be required to work in the field or laboratory, from time to time and you must be prepared to travel as required. You will work as part of a project team to deliver onsite services and work within specified codes and compliance standards.
To be successful, you will need:
- Degree or Master's in Mechanical Engineering.
- Exposure and knowledge of engineering software ANSYS, Caesar, MATLAB, Labview packages.
- Knowledge of practical and theoretical engineering applications
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of packages
- Ability to work as part of a team sharing knowledge and work information
- Demonstrated technical writing skills, ability to report and make recommendations
- A current driver's licence
Applications for this role can be made via Seek and must include a cover letter addressing the above criteria and a detailed resume. Applications must be received by close of business, Friday, 28th June 2019.
Senior Coal Milling and Combustion Engineer
Based in Coopers Plains (Brisbane Inner Suburb), Queensland
Australian owned and operated, HRL Technology Group is recognised as a market leader in technical consulting, analysis, testing and integrated engineering and laboratory services. We create customer solutions focused on developing new processes, technology and optimising performance in the energy, resources, engineering and manufacturing industries, nationally and in the Asia Pacific region.
HRL is a provider of expert milling and combustion testing and consulting services in Australia and South East Asia. Due to the continued success and growth in this sector, HRL is seeking to employ a Senior Combustion Engineer within the Process and Environmental Services Team in Brisbane, Australia.
As a senior Process or Mechanical Engineer, with at least five-years of hands on relevant professional experience, the successful applicant will work with and lead a range of tasks primarily focusing on the provision of expert milling and combustion testing and consulting services. The role will also involve tasks in providing plant performance testing, process engineering, modelling and environmental consultancy services to a range of industries including the power generation, manufacturing and chemical sectors.
- Technical expertise in power plant operation. Demonstrable experience with coal milling and solid fuel combustion optimisation and boiler tuning is critical for this role.
- Demonstrable experience with flexible thermal power plant operations, coal blending, utilisation of low rank coals, alternative fuels and clinker formation/mitigation will be highly regarded.
- A Chemical or Mechanical Engineering degree, acceptable to the Institute of Engineers Australia.
- More than five years of relevant experience.
- Experience in an operational role and/or a consulting background will be highly regarded.
- Demonstrable ability to engage with multiple stakeholders at various levels within an organisation.
- Ability and willingness to travel within Australia and South East Asia for periods of one to four weeks at regular frequency.
- Must have strong analytical skills, with a methodical approach to work with attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have demonstrated practical and hands-on skills. This role will involve physical activities at client sites.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- A current driver's licence
Applications for this role can be made via Seek, with a covering letter addressing the above criteria and a detailed resume by close of business, Friday, 31st May 2019.