HRL's analytical laboratories can detect levels of mercury in a range of materials from parts-per-million to parts-per-billion.
Expert mercury analysis services provided by HRL can identify the level of the Hg (mercury) present in:
- inorganic samples including sand, soil, rocks, sediment, fly-ash, deposits, inorganic chemicals and biosolids
- organic samples including crude oil, petroleum products, polymers, biomass, coal, coke, carbon, carbon material (such as spent cell liner material), refuse and sludge
- aqueous samples including waste water, condensates, leachates, liquid waste and water treatment chemicals.
HRL can custom-design a mercury analysis procedure to meet a specific client need. Techniques that can be employed include:
- hot block digestion
- determining mercury levels in liquid waste using a manual cold-vapor technique in line with Method 7470A used by the United States Environmental Protection Agency
- cold vapour atomic absorption spectroscopy
- inductivity coupled plasma spectrometry
- ICP with cold vapour
HRL's expertise in detecting and measuring the levels of mercury can help your organisation by providing assistance through:
- our extensive experience and understanding of Hg (mercury)
- analysis to a range of national and international standards.
- independent evaluation
- customised analysis programs to meet your specific needs or sample type.