HRL provides expert chemical analysis services to support glass production. The analysis services help clients to maintain critical quality control at each stage of production.
Analysis can be used to determine characteristics:
- of raw materials
- as raw materials are mixed, become molten in a furnace, and glass products are formed
- as part of inspecting the final product.
HRL provides analysis of:
- major elements including sodium and calcium oxides, silicon dioxide and boron trioxide
- minor elements including magnesium, aluminium, potassium and barium oxides along with titanium dioxide
- glass colouring agents ferric and chromium oxides
- glass refining agents
- trace elements including lead, cadmium oxide, mercury, arsenic trioxide and zirconium dioxide.