Determining the exact composition of material can be critical for many industries and to the operation of large plant.
Identifying the composition and presence and level of any contaminants is important. This may include a spectrum of substances from water, effluent, water treatment chemicals, deposits, materials, minerals, food, organic compounds, waste products, glass and raw materials and polymers. Expert chemical analysis may be required to identify the exact composition and ensure that critical issues are controlled.
Testing services provided by HRL include expert analysis of solids, liquids and gases by:
- inorganic elemental analysis that can include using inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry, atomic absorption spectrometry and other methods
- trace element analysis
- analysis for moisture, ash, volatile matter, calorific value, elemental and inorganic composition
- liquid analysis including pH levels, conductivity, dissolved and suspended
- solids, cations and anions, and organic contaminants
- characterisation of carbons
- using a scanning electron microscope and light element detection
- gas chromatography mass spectrometry analysis
- infrared and ultraviolet spectroscopy mineral identification through Xray diffraction
- high performance liquid chromatography.
HRL provides expert chemical analysis services from its state of the art laboratories for a range of industries including: