Process Engineering and Design
At HRL we offer unique process and engineering design capability to assist you in optimising the output and efficiency of existing processes, identifying the root cause of process and problems, and developing innovative process technologies and solutions.
We work with you closely to understand your particular commercial needs and develop tailored solutions.
Our process engineering and design services are applied to wide-ranging applications, with a strong focus on energy industries with high demand for steam, power and natural gas, and processes which operate at high pressure and / or high temperature such as combustion, gasification and pyrolysis.
What sets us apart is our in-house analytical laboratory, the ability to construct and operate pilot-scale rigs to simulate industrial processes, advanced desktop modelling tools, and plant performance testing capability.
How can we help
Our process engineering and design services include:
- Resource characterisation and evaluation particularly for solid fuels such as coal, biomass, and waste
- Process development, scale-up and owner's engineer support from process concept through to implementation
- Bench and pilot scale process simulation using in-house or purpose-built equipment - examples include gasification, pyrolysis, activated carbon production, hydrothermal dewatering, briquetting, and pelletisation
- Process modelling and optimisation using advanced desk-top process simulation (Thermoflow) and computational fluid dynamics (CFD - Fluent)
- Process and equipment design and troubleshooting
- Technical and economic feasibility studies including capital and operating cost estimation
- Energy efficiency auditing and optimisation
- Front End Engineering Design (FEED) studies
- Turnkey implementation of innovative process solutions