Mechanical Engineer - Principal
Twenty-five years' experience in engineering consultancy of mining, transport, petrochemical and power plant. Signatory for pressure vessel design verification. Fitness for purpose analysis including product integrity assessments. Australian Standards compliance testing.
Area of Expertise
- Pressure Vessel Design and Verification - Signatory.
- Piping stress analysis and inspection.
- Theoretical and experimental stress analysis.
- Structural integrity assessments of statutory equipment, plant and machinery.
- Product testing and Australian Standard compliance assessments.
- General mechanical and fitness for purpose testing of manufactured and fabricated products..
- Site surveys - field measurements of temperature, strain, acceleration, load, pressure and displacement.
Relevant Project Experience
- Involved in investigations applying theoretical/experimental stress analysis to pressure plant maintenance problems; finite element modelling of pressure vessels and plant equipment for Synergy Muja power station, Hazelwood power station, Loy Yang power stations, Stanwell Power station, Tarong and Tarong Nth power station, Yallourn power station and NRG.
- Vibration analyses/testing of structures and machinery for Stanwell power station.
- Pressure Vessel Design verifier for several Australian companies.
- Pressure Vessel Design - Finite Element Modelling - Company signatory Pressure equipment design assistance, design notification and registrations to regulatory authorities and hydrostatic testing.
- Structural integrity assessments of statutory equipment, plant and machinery. Crane inspections.
- Weighing of machinery and structures to determine Centre of Gravity Product testing and Australian Standard compliance assessments of vehicle components, gas cylinders and other bulk manufactured components.
- General mechanical and fitness for purpose testing of manufactured and fabricated products including proof load testing
- Site surveys - field measurements of temperature, strain, acceleration, pressure and displacement for petrochemical, mining and manufacturing industries.
- Pressure equipment design, repair, inspections and assessment to AS1210, ASME BPVC, PD5500, AD2000, etc.
- Structural engineering inspection and assessment of plant including cranes, dredgers, stackers, reclaimers, turbines, boilers, piping etc.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member of IEAust