A decade of experience in project management. Wide experience in boilers, turbines and gearboxes, dredgers, paper machines, pressure vessels and bogies. Failure investigation, root cause analysis, material selection, and phase transformation of aluminum and steel.
Areas of Expertise
- Project management, budgeting and planning
- Outage management
- Asset management and life assessment
- Condition assessment of pressure equipment
- Root cause investigation into the failure of metallic and non-metallic components.
- R&D in materials performance
- Gearbox assessment
- Boilers (HRSG, brown coal, black coal, CFB, Vibrating grate boiler)
- Dredgers assessment
- Preparation and assessment non-destructive metallographic replications for the purposes of plant life assessment.
- Acoustic Emission testing of high energy piping systems
Relevant Project Experience
PROJECT | Jeeralang Power Station Major Turbine Overhaul
Role: Project Manager
-Full refurbishment (weld repair, machining and heat treatment) of the turbine blades on schedule on budget.
PROJECT | Loy Yang B Power Station Major Outage
Role: Project Manager and Inspector
-Management of condition assessment program
-Introduction of acoustic emission inspection technique to increase accuracy and reduce risk
-Inspection of boiler components
-Acoustic emission installed on the entire pressure piping system from boiler to turbine to monitor for any crack growth
PROJECT | ETIS and BCIA Advanced Materials Program
Client: Department of Primary Industry
Role: Project Manager
-Lead a team of 7 internally and 8 other stakeholders within the power industry to conduct R&D project to enhance the performance of boiler materials.
-Project completed on time and on budget. Additional government funding was secured to extend the testing period.
-Completion of PhD project for one of the engineer involved in the project
PROJECT | Yankee Dryer Failure Investigation
Client: PT Univenus
Role: Expert Witness
-Conducted investigation at the paper mill to determine the root cause of the failure
- Bachelor of Engineering (Materials)
- Honours Monash University, Clayton
Professional Associations and Memberships
- General Committee Materials Engineering Society
- Student Member of APESMA
- Member of Australian Research Council of Nanotechnology Network