Wide experience in process engineering mainly in the area of power generation systems, performance optimisation, gasification, minerals processing, process plant design and modelling and greenhouse emissions.
Areas of Expertise
- FEED Management;
- Principal Design Engineer;
- Assessment of Coal to X Projects and Process Selection;
- Power Station Performance Assessment and Efficiency Optimisation;
- Greenhouse Emissions from Power Stations and Statutory Compliance Requirements;
- Process Modelling using Propriety Programs (eg ASPEN);
- Capital and Operating Cost Estimation;
- Conceptual Development of Chemical Processes;
- Process Optimisation (Including Process Scale-up) and Debottlenecking Studies;
- Sizing of Vessels and Unit Operations.
Relevant Project Experience
- Coal to H2 Demonstration Plant | Gasification Plant FEED, Morwell, Vic
FEED completed on time and on budget;
Managed 17 staff;
Designed gasifier and managed customer relationship.
- Coal Power Station Design | Dual Gas Power Station FEED, Morwell, Vic
Client: Dual Gas Pty Ltd
Role: Gasification Plant Process Design Manager
Management of scale-up of HRL's Integrated Drying Gasification Combined Cycle (IDGCC) Plant to Commercial Scale;
Management of 10 design staff;
Design of gasifier and other major systems;
Provision of guidance on plant design.
- Generator Efficiency Standards Submissions | Cockburn, Muja, Collie and Kwinana Power
Client: Western Power
Role: Management of Generator Efficiency Standards Submission to the AGO
All submissions were independently reviewed and accepted by the AGO.
- BEng, Chemical Engineering