Senior Technical Officer
Over 25 years of industrial experience, primarily in the power plant and equipment. Proficient in boiler emissions testing and steam turbine instrumentation for Net Unit Heat Rate Testing. Well versed in instrumentation with considerable experience with pressure, flow, and temperature transducers and associated measurement instrumentation. Specialising in portable Horiba PG 250 gas analysers and gas conditioning operation and maintenance. Operation and maintenance of numerous pilot scale test rigs such as, Intergrated Drying Gas Combined Cycle, Hydro Thermal Drying, Gas Turbine Simulation, Pressurized drying using combustion air, Macerating Pressurized feeder, Pressurized Drop Tube Reactor and Mechanical Thermal Expression drying. Creating plant operation and maintenance procedures.
Areas of Expertise
- Over 25 years of industrial experience, primarily in the power plant and equipment.
- Well versed in instrumentation with considerable experience with pressure, flow, and temperature transducers and associated measurement instrumentation.
- Mechanical maintenance of all equipment, preventative maintenance and customized equipment improvements.
- Creating plant operation and maintenance procedures.
Relevant Project Experience
- Operation of gas sampling / analysis equipment for stack emissions, boiler monitoring/efficiency and process optimization.
- Designing, building and developing various mechanical, gas sampling and test apparatus.
- Power station investigations relating to turbine efficiency, boiler combustion, and milling using various techniques, including isokinetic probes, pilots, thermocouples, data loggers and sample collection.
- Installing and calibrating instruments for monitoring of process conditions.
- Designing and implementing upgrades of various plants.
- Development of new pilot scale rigs to demonstration scale.
- Development from initial concept to demonstration size rig, nominally 15 tonne per hour, of the Mechanical Thermal Expression rig.
- Institute of Engineers, Australia. Engineering Excellence Award 1994.
- Sir William Hudson Award, for the Hydrothermal Dewatering Plant and Coal Fired Gas Turbine Combustion Simulator, during which I was the operator of the Hydrothermal Drying plant.
- Certificate of Technology, Mechanical Engineering