Over the years, there's not much we haven't seen. If it's exploded, fallen down, fallen apart or just worn out, we've fixed it! We believe that the future belongs to those who not only respond to change but lead the way.
- Are you passionate about transforming business performance?
- Are you someone that seeks quality outcomes?
- Do you align to our values? Expertise, Care, Agility, Value Creation
If you answered "yes" to these questions then you are someone we would like to talk with.
A career with hrl: offers opportunities to:
- work with some of Australia's brightest minds
- be part of a team working on exciting challenges
- enjoy excellent employment conditions
- build an exciting professional career
- work on local, national and international projects
HRL seeks skilled and motivated personnel to join its rapidly growing team of expert engineers, scientists and technicians. Personnel work closely with clients in the power generation, coal, mining and mineral processing, energy, engineering, cement, pulp and paper, and other manufacturing industries.
HRL offers premium consulting and testing services to assist its clients to use energy efficiently, while satisfying the commercial, environmental and sustainability requirements of those clients.
Current Open Position
Materials Engineer / Metallurgist
- Based in Inner Suburbs of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
You will work alongside seasoned, driven professionals who are passionate, smart, creative and proud to be part of this business and who will challenge you and help foster your growth.
Proudly Australian owned and operated, HRL Technology Group is recognised as a market leader in technical consulting, analysis, testing and integrated engineering and laboratory services. We create customer solutions focused on developing new processes, technology and optimising performance in the energy, resources, engineering and manufacturing industries, nationally and in the Asia Pacific region.
HRL's engineering team is second to none; we differentiate ourselves by not only performing advanced engineering assessments but also by field testing, to determine and verify our calculations. This makes us practical in our approach and smarter by experience.
Due to continued success and growth, HRL is seeking to employ an experienced Materials Engineer/Metallurgist, based in Brisbane, Australia.
About the role
As an experienced Materials Engineer/Metallurgist, with hands-on relevant professional experience, you will deliver a suite of services in the field or laboratory, including, but not limited to:
- liaising closely with customers to understand and scope work requirements;
- preparing detailed project plans, producting cost estimates and proposals;
- overseeing project delivery, preparing and presenting reports to clients as required.
Your technical expertise will include:
- condition assessment of complex components and high temperature pressure equipment;
- providing material selection advice;
- conducting failure analysis, materials testing and inspection.
Experience with conducting fatigue and creep life assessments, risk-based inspection and experience in the field of welding will be viewed favourably.
You will have:
- A Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Engineering or Applied Science, preferably Materials Engineering.
- Extensive experience (at least 10 years) and knowledge of engineering inspections and root cause analysis.
- Experience working in an engineering consulting capacity.
- Expertise in preparing and delivering complex engineering project plans and scopes of work and delivering on budgets.
- Recognised expertise and knowledge of practical and theoretical materials engineering challenges.
- A sound knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of packages, the use of metallurgical laboratory equipment and field equipment.
- Ability to share knowledge and work as part of a team.
- Technical writing skills.
- Experience in reporting and making recommendations to key stakeholders.
- A valid Australian Driver's Licence.
- A willingness and ability to travel domestically and overseas, as required.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a project team to deliver onsite services and work within specified codes and compliance standards.
Along with a competitive remuneration package, HRL offers challenging work, meaningful development opportunities, variable pay to eligible employees, flexible work arrangements, genuine opportunity to extend your skills and widen your career and a privileged, diverse culture built on smart, easy-going colleagues we surround ourselves with. If you join HRL, you are joining a collaborative team that values care, excellence, value creation and agility.
You must have the right to work in Australia.
If you like what's on offer, please submit your application via Seek with a cover letter, explaining how you meet the requirements of this position and a detailed resume by no later than Friday, 25th October 2019.