Senior Combustion Engineer
Over 15 years’ experience in the areas of boiler combustion tuning, plant performance testing (boilers, turbines, whole of plant, airheaters, pulverisers and more). Wide experience in the measurement of process streams.
Areas of Expertise
- Combustion tuning and air flow optimisation of coal fired furnaces
- Efficiency gains to plant through performance improvements
- Performance testing of steam turbines, coal fired boilers, airheaters, pulverising systems and whole of plant
- Measurement of process streams
- Process and performance modelling
- Calibration of test equipment.
Relevant Project Experience
PROJECT | Combustion Tuning of a 660MWe boiler
- Unit returned from service.
- Balanced excess air across burners to allow the unit to return to service.
PROJECT | Combustion Tuning of Millmerran Unit 2 Supercritical Unit
- Balanced excess air levels and reduced.
- Reduced overall airflow to unit.
PROJECT | Bayswater Unit 1, 2, 3 and 4 Airheater performance tests
- Measured airheater leakage pre and post outage.
- Determined performance improvements for contractual obligations.
PROJECT | Net Unit Heat Rate (NUHR) performance tests at Paiton Units 7 and 8, Indonesia
- Conducted post turbine upgrade NUHR performance tests using design coal for contractual obligations.
PROJECT | HP, IP and LP turbine upgrades performance tests at Liddell PS
- Completed the pre and post turbine performance testing on all four units at Liddell PS.
PROJECT | 750MW Supercritical unit turbine heat rate tests
- Conducted heat rate tests on 750MW supercritical turbine.
- Identified short comings in performance.
PROJECT | Boiler tuning assistance for Siemens ABT
- Provided combustion tuning assistance for 12 burner upgrade projects in NSW and Qld,
- Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical), University of Melbourne, 1999