Principal Engineering Consultant
Plant Integrity, Reliability and Performance
Over 40 years' experience in the development of inspection and NDT programs for major plant and equipment, development of inspection procedures and assessment criteria. Pressure vessel inspection and data management systems. Development and auditing of pressure equipment management systems (A.S. 3873). Plant inspections and risk assessments for compliance with the Plant Regulations.
Areas of expertise
- Inspection and assessment of pressure equipment.
- Life assessment of pressure equipment.
- Inspection and testing of welding.
- Quality assurance in NDT and pressure vessel fabrication.
- Supplier/contractor audits and assessments.
- Risk Assessments and HAZOP facilitation.
- Auditing of management systems.
- Training in auditing, inspection, OH&S and risk management.
Relevant Project Experience:
- Conducted in-service inspections of a 5 boilers of 260 ton / hr capacity
- Reviewed the risk assessments of the RBI process applied to power station boilers
- Conducted in-service inspections of several small industrial boilers
- Facilitated risk assessments relating the operation of the HRL gas appliance testing laboratory
- Performed the life assessment of several power generation boilers and associated ancillary equipment
- Inspected station pressure vessels for statutory compliance at several Victorian power stations
- Fabrication inspection during manufacture of "in-bed" tube assemblies for a fluidized bed boiler
- Presented training courses on Hydrostatic testing of pressure equipment for inspectors
- Developed and presented a two day seminar on materials, failure modes and inspection methods
- Audited boiler operations against requirements of Australian Standards
- independent expert for a federal government department in a recent enquiry
- Developed and delivered training packages (one distance learning and one class room based) to prepare in-service inspectors for AICIP examinations.
- B. App. Sci (Metallurgy) - RMIT
- Grad. Dip. Welding Technology RMIT
- Grad. Dip. Quality Management RMIT
- Senior Inspector of Pressure Equipment AICIP
- Technologist Ultrasonic Testing AINDT.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Signatory for pressure vessel inspection.
- NATA (voluntary) technical assessor for NDT and Inspection.
- MERSITAB registered workplace assessor of competency based training.