Principal Power Plant Engineer
Forty-five years' knowledge and experience in power station maintenance, operations and asset management with leadership roles. Significant experience in power station operations, implementing asset and maintenance strategies and associated budgets, asset life and risk assessments. Significant project management skills and experience in contract management in large projects including power station outage works.
Areas of Expertise
- Power station operations and maintenance
- Asset management
- Organisational change
- Contractor management
- Project management
- Safety and risk
Relevant Project Experience
- Asset Engineering Team Leader for Mt. Piper power station in NSW responsible for setting maintenance and asset strategies and plans with associated operating and capital budgets. Responsible for the management and delivery of outage and major project works and contractor management. These works included the capacity upgrade of Mt. Piper power station.
- Asset Engineering Team Leader for Wallerawang and Mt. Piper power stations from 2006 and managed the first capacity upgrade of Mt Piper power station and the replacement control system. Completed review of both Mt. Piper and Wallerawang power stations whole of life capital works program as part of the sale process to Energy Australia
- Maintenance Manager for Mt. Piper and Wallerawang power stations. Responsible for setting up and managing an internal maintenance management business.
- Fuel and External Services Manager for Mt. Piper and Wallerawang power stations responsible for coal plant operations, maintenance and environmental management.
- Operations Manager at Wallerawang power station responsible for unit operations and plant performance.
- Project team manager for the implementation of a computerised maintenance management system at Wallerawang power station.
- Commenced in the electricity power industry in coal fired power stations in 1976 with various roles across all aspects of operations and maintenance
- BE (Elect) University of Sydney
- Grad Cert (Engineering Innovation) University Technology Sydney